Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 1

Today began with procrastination at its finest. I realized that I still had three books to pick up from the Bookstore, so after packing the car, I headed down right as it opened and snagged my Sense and Sensibility and A Tale of Two Cities. So English.

My angel roommate Megan drove me to the airport after picking up a sweet breakfast treat at Einstein's Bagels...delish. It's become our tradition to go there when we part. We're kind of attached to each other.

I arrived at the airport with plenty of time, checked my bag- exactly 50 pounds. I felt accomplished. My first flight to Houston left at 12:02 pm and arrived around 3:50. With about a 2 hour layover, I will be boarding for London verrry shortly! I've already bonded with my fellow travelers and I am always reminded why I have fallen in love with traveling each time I go to an airport. I am obsessed with how kind random strangers are to each other, and how willing people are to help.

Reminiscing from Germany: It reminds me that "We are all human!"


Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment